Monthly Intensive Workshops - CECs
Prerequisite: Dancers must have taken at least 8 weekly classes or one monthly workshop open to beginners.
Location: 9235 Trade Pl Ste. F, San Diego CA 92126 (Mira Mesa - San Diego)
Timetable: One Sunday per month
Price: More Details Click Here
Workshops - Here & There
CANADA - 12 Salimpour CECs
Nov 11: Rachel; Here with Me Choreography, Edmonton, AB Canada (3 CEC)
Nov 11: Rachel; Technique Tune Up- Suhaila Format Drills, Edmonton, AB Canada (2 CEC)
Nov 12: Rachel; Master Class: Layering Isolations and Challenging Finger Cymbals for dancers that want to take it to the next level, Edmonton, AB Canada (3 CEC)
Nov 13: Rachel; Figure 8 Out: Using figure 8s, circles, undulations, and more to create a beautiful improvised taqsim, Edmonton, AB Canada (2 CEC)
Nov 13: Rachel; Dance Movement with Veil, Edmonton, AB Canada (1 CEC)
Nov 13: Rachel; Crazy Combos, Edmonton, ABCanada (1 CEC)
Popular Workshop Topics
- Beginner Belly Basics
- Excellent for someone brand new who is interested in beginning the lovely art of Belly Dance or the hobbyist dancer wanting to add some spice. Work on the basic concepts of using muscle contractions to generate the foundation of isolated Belly Dance movements.
- Tantalizing Technique
- Technique is the foundation for any style of dance movement. Soft arms or crisp hips are all pieces to the dance movement package. This is a well developed workshop to teach dancers the "beyond basics" and start adding musical timing with creative patterns to their Bellydance repertoire.
- Drill * Drills * Drills
- Drills and repetition are the best way to hone your skill and fine tune your technique. Perfect for any dancer who wants to be challenged and enjoys a great workout!!!
- Powerful Props
- Learn a variety of exciting props in the avenue of Bellydance stage entertainment. Including; Veil, Double Veil, Cane, and Sword. Everyone loves this well rounded prop performance!!! Technique, Combinations and Choreography available.
- Fabulous Floor Work
- Floor work is a soft yet powerful part of Bellydance. It can be an intoxicating demonstration of strength and skill. Dancers will learn preparation for getting to the floor; different styles and movement; the best ways to get back up; and key points to remember. Combinations and Choreography available.
- Crazy Combinations
- Combinations are a perfect way to create short movements and hear different accents and breaks in the music. Learn a multitude of fabulous floor patterns, hip isolations, arm articulations, fun finger cymbal patterns, musical phrasing, traveling steps and dance movement using dance terminology and staging. Lavishing Layered Isolations ~ Learn Rachel’s amazing style of articulated and captivating hip work!!! These isolations can be used to WOW any audience whether it’s in a choreography, improvisation, combinations, floor work or more.
- Funky Finger Cymbals
- The finger cymbals are the icing on the cake! If you are a beginner or a seasoned dancer, this workshop is for you!!! Learn fun and different patterns, technique for sound, timing and dance movement while playing your cymbals!!!
- Competition Coaching + Professional Preparation
- Perfect for any dancer seeking to grow or gain feedback on performance, costuming and professional presentation. Gain powerful insight on competition training and judging expectations. Learn the "Ins and Outs" of Night Club Dancing, what to bring and how to properly seek out performance opportunities and gigs.
- Drum Solo Choreography
- The highlight of the dance! Excitement! Drama! Fun! Surprise! Show off your skill! Learn how to hit your breaks and accents, add in your technique and isolations, personality and dance movement to WOW your audience.
- Lyrical Choreography
- Rachel’s emotional and artistic expression of lyrical music is one of a kind. Learn to hear musical phrasing, connect to the audience, put technique and meaning to movement and create a multidimensional emotional experience for your audience!!!!
- "Bring It" Stage presence
- Move your audience! Learn the connection you represent as the interpreter of sound to movement. It’s more than dance! It’s a language, a language of the soul.